For those of you who have purchased my Understanding Marvelous Designer book, all the updates for version 8 are now included. Here is a list of some of the updates:
- Remeshing – Like quadrangulate but much, much better.
- Sewing in the 3D Window – All the sewing tools are now available on the 3D side.
- Sculpt Mode – Yes, you can sculpt in MD now.
- Trace with UV Map – Create patterns from 3D models using UV maps.
- Automatic Arrangement Points and Bounding Volumes for imported avatars
- Add Weight to Trims and Zipper Hardware
- Button Thread Material Settings
- Edit Texture of Piping in 3D Window
- Create Topstitching a Specific Length
- Change Camera Default Distance
- Export Alpha Maps
There are a lot more changes to the book than this list. The book is a great way to stay up-to-date with all the new functionality in MD.