Export failure for custom body fitting

If you are having issues with the program or find a bug, please report it here.
Cylo

Export failure for custom body fitting

Post by Cylo »

Hey Lori, Everyone,

I've come across a bug in the export for the #1 Bodies sloper when trying to export the patterns using a custom set of measurements.

I had measured through MD one of the high-res Bento body models for SL as I make clothing for SL for that particular body. I did an almost complete set - the only thing didnt do is head measurements.

I get this output when I try to export the patterns:
http://prntscr.com/sui7ox

It seams that the #04 Bodice Back Sloper fails to build on the system and I end up having this output. When I click on either #14 Sleeve Sloper or #04 Bodice Back png's the website goes to a 404 error which i can understand as those images never rendered.

Thanks for building this neat tool however - I know how challenging making software is as im a software engineer by trade.

Keep up the good work!

Cylo

Re: Export failure for custom body fitting

Post by Cylo »

I've just also tried generating the #4 Bodice Back Sloper DB18 draft to Fashioner and that same pattern also builds incomplete as seen here:
http://prntscr.com/suiwdd

LoriG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LoriG »

Thank you for posting your issues.

Both the images indicate that the draft didn't work properly. I suspect that there is an issue with your measurements.

Generally, there could be two reasons. The first is that the model is not standard having exaggerated features. The second is that some measurements were not taken correctly.

I Googled Bento, there were several results, but most of them look like they are fairly standard, although the bust appears quite large.

If you want me to have a look at your model and the measurements (MD project file), send me a Private Message here in the forum and I'll see if I can help.

Cylo

Post by Cylo »

Hey Lori,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I only made the measurements just adhoc - I didnt save the project with the measurements >.<. I could probably send you the MD project without measurements though. There are quite a number of Bento Bodies on SL so it would be great to have them added to the system too. It did occur to me the busts are large by default which would explain some garments fit terribly even though they were fitted as best as i could get them.

LoriG wrote:
> Thank you for posting your issues.
>
> Both the images indicate that the draft didn't work properly. I suspect
> that there is an issue with your measurements.
>
> Generally, there could be two reasons. The first is that the model is not
> standard having exaggerated features. The second is that some measurements
> were not taken correctly.
>
> I Googled Bento, there were several results, but most of them look like
> they are fairly standard, although the bust appears quite large.
>
> If you want me to have a look at your model and the measurements (MD
> project file), send me a Private Message here in the forum and I'll see if
> I can help.

Cylo

Post by Cylo »

OH OH - HOLD THE PHONE

You can save measurements from MD!!! - you have to go to Avatar Editor, Measure Tab. You can name the measurments and save as an Mea file!

Trouble is the mea file is a binary dump so you would have a fun task of figuring out how to read that file.

Cylo.

Cylo wrote:
> Hey Lori,
>
> Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I only made the measurements just adhoc - I
> didnt save the project with the measurements >.<. I could probably send you the
> MD project without measurements though. There are quite a number of Bento Bodies on
> SL so it would be great to have them added to the system too. It did occur to me the
> busts are large by default which would explain some garments fit terribly even though
> they were fitted as best as i could get them.
>
> LoriG wrote:
> > Thank you for posting your issues.
> >
> > Both the images indicate that the draft didn't work properly. I suspect
> > that there is an issue with your measurements.
> >
> > Generally, there could be two reasons. The first is that the model is not
> > standard having exaggerated features. The second is that some measurements
> > were not taken correctly.
> >
> > I Googled Bento, there were several results, but most of them look like
> > they are fairly standard, although the bust appears quite large.
> >
> > If you want me to have a look at your model and the measurements (MD
> > project file), send me a Private Message here in the forum and I'll see if
> > I can help.

LoriG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LoriG »

You can save measurement files in MD, however, I don't find that to be very efficient. I just take the measurements and record them in PMP directly. It is really time consuming to type out all the measurement names and such in MD.

I've measured a LOT of MD models, so I'm pretty fast at it. I made a bunch of different models using Blender and MBLab and then had to measure all of them. I just really don't like doing it. Kinda boring.

When I'm done taking all the measurements, I do save the project with the model name followed by "measurements". Then I can always open it back up later and double check things.