Need some guidance on avatar measurement

If you have any questions about measurement sets or taking measurements, this is the palce.
Ruri_s

Need some guidance on avatar measurement

Post by Ruri_s »

Hi,
As I was trying to add a daz3d avatar measurement, I noticed that the template is not requesting for circumference, but a specific 'half circle' measurement for front and back. Well, I have no sewing experience, so forgive me if im using the wrong term.

I checked the standard Mara avatar measurement, and try to guess which is the 'start' and 'end' point. For example the Bust Chest width is 446.2. The guide state that this is a straight line between breast so I need to use the 'simple' tape so it doesnt dip into the cleavage, right?

As in the screenshot below, I just kinda guess the halfway point between the body, and start from there and loop to the other side. I come up way short around 431.7mm even if i cross the half way point. I suppose I need to start from behind the armpit to get the 446.2, is that right?

Maybe I'm overcomplicating this....the template also ask for back measurement, can I assume that as long as the corresponding front and back measurement = circumference, then I'm more or less on the correct path?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fearless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need some guidance on avatar measurement

Post by fearless »

I create a line down both sides to split the body, as you have done. Then to measure the half circles (waist, hips, bust, etc), I will use the circumference tool to set the full circle. Then I will create a tape measurement from my side line around to the other side. You can do the front or back, doesn't matter. Then you subtract that half measurement from the full measurement for the other half.

For example, all the way around the waist is 599.7. From side-to-side in front is 318.4. That means the back is 281.3. This is the easiest way I've found to do it. That will also give you the full measurement to compare to the list you have.

I've attached an MD project file that has all the measurements for the avatar with labels. Select Avatar > Avatar Editor > Measurements tab. You can select each measurement and see how I did it. Also, you'll note there are some measurements that are just for reference, like the armpit circles.

Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ruri_s

Re: Need some guidance on avatar measurement

Post by Ruri_s »

Hi,
Thanks a lot for sharing the reference file with me. Lets see if I can come up with something decent on the weekend.